Finish Line New York Math, Third Edition provides focused instruction and practice to help students think critically and master New York’s Common Core Learning Standards (CCLS).
This series supports NYC’s 2017–2018 Quality Review Rubric with Depth of Knowledge (DOK) measures for meeting the standards.
Finish Line is designed to supplement your GO Math!™ and Connected Mathematics® Project 3 (CMP3) programs.
Each student book includes 300+ pages.
- The gradual release model includes four parts: Skill Introduction, Focused Instruction, Guided Practice, and Independent Practice.
- Guided questions teach the process of how to answer a question.
- Foundational skills are refreshed. The first unit in each book reviews big ideas from the previous grade with four-to-five topics that are key to new concepts in the current grade.
- Assessment-type items are included in the Indepedent Practice section and unit reviews.
- Flash cards and a glossary are provided for key concepts and vocabulary presented in the book.
Annotated teacher’s editions include instructions for using the student book; objective for each lesson; student book pages with correct answers, CCLS correlation, Depth of Knowledge (DOK) for each item, and answer rationales for items in the Independent Practice; extension activity/hands-on activity and vocabulary for each lesson; scoring rubrics; and connections to the Standards for Mathematical Practice.
Student Book: grades 1 and 2 include 300 pages; grades 3–8 include 310–328 pages
Annotated Teacher’s Edition: approx. 200 pages
GO Math!™ is a trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Connected Mathematics® is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc.