If a weak vocabulary is standing in the way of your students’ reading success, turn to Vocabulary Links for English Language Development. Workbooks reinforce knowledge of grade-level content words in science and social studies. Motivating activities and reviews repeatedly expose students to target words and address current academic standards.
- Topics fall under WIDA’s Example Topics Lists.
- Lessons focus on Tier 2 and Tier 3 vocabulary as identified by WIDA’s ELD Standards and state standards.
- Vocabulary is taught using various modes of instruction, allowing for multiple exposures.
- Target words are presented in language that students are familiar with, avoiding formal definitions.
- Appealing art, photos, and review puzzles motivate challenged readers.
- Teaching strategies
- Answer keys
- Reproducible assessment
- Correlations to WIDA’s ELD Standards, Tier 2 and Tier 3 vocabulary, and Specific and Technical vocabulary
Student Book: 72-80 pages
Teacher’s Guide: approx. 36 pages
WIDA is a trademark of the Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System.