TEAM Toolkits: Teaching ELs for Academic Language Mastery feature structured activities in listening, reading, writing, and speaking to help English learners develop grade-level academic language needed for classroom success.
FREE eBooks offer for in-school and distance learning!
See offer details and interactive eBook features.
Kit for levels AA–B (grades K–2)
Kit for levels C–E (grades 3–5)
Kit for levels F–H (grades 6–8)
Kit for high school (grades 9–12)
Each kit includes:
Student Books, 5 per level/grade
Themed units include topics aligned to grade-level content. Lessons feature 5 parts: (1) Before We Read, (2) Let’s Read, (3) Listen and Discuss, (4) Learning About Language, and (5) Write About It. Activities support the communicative purposes in WIDA’s Can Do Descriptors, Key Uses Edition: Recount, Explain, Argue, and Discuss.
Annotated Teacher’s Editions and Audio, 1 per level/grade
Teacher’s editions include a detailed TEAM program overview and connections to the ELP assessment practice in Finish Line for ELLs 2.0. Support for each lesson:
- Lesson objectives
- Page-by-page directions and teaching strategies
- ELA and content standards connections
- Academic language identified by tier
- Language differentiation strategies
- Audio download files
- Audio scripts for listening passages to help students develop and practice language, as well as speaking and listening skills
- Suggested pacing guidelines that can be adapted for your classroom use
Picture Dictionary, 1 copy (Included in kits for levels AA-H.)
Colorful photographs with words reinforce what students are learning. Over 750 words are presented in thematic units from early learning experiences, so each new word is shown in a meaningful context. Book details.
TEAM Toolkits are designed for flexibility of use and support instruction in the mainstream classroom and specialized ESL programs. Ideal for:
- push-in or pull-out models of instruction
- academic classes during small groups and mainstream settings
- tutoring sessions
- mini-units based on specific skills that address gaps in learning
Student Book: approx. 184 pages
Annotated Teacher’s Edition: approx. 248 pages
Picture Dictionary: 96 pages
PRIME, the PRIME logo and seal, and WIDA are trademarks of the Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System.
” This is a great tool to help fill in gaps and strengthen academic language when working with long-term language learners. ”
– K-4 Teacher, IN
See the WIDA PRIME V2 Correlation!