Your newcomers face the difficult challenge of communicating with those around them. Ready, Set, Go! Newcomers Kit features a sequential workbook series to help secondary students build essential language skills, giving them confidence as readers and communicators.
- Mature, age-appropriate visual support
- Content to develop life-skills vocabulary for success in and out of the classroom
- Audio recordings to develop listening skills
- Designed for students at English language proficiency levels 1 and 2 (entering and beginning)
- Ideal for Students with Interrupted/Inconsistent Formal Education (SIFE)
- Comprehensive teacher support to guide instruction at every step
The Kit Includes:
Student Books, 5 copies of 3 books
The series progresses from phonics, to social communication, to academic language. Books 1 and 2 focus on listening, speaking, and writing activities. Book 3 includes more robust activities in reading, listening, speaking, and writing. Students will practice grammar skills in all books.
Annotated Teacher’s Editions and Audio, 1 for each book
Teacher’s editions feature suggestions for use, support for social emotional development, ways to foster cultural awareness, and a skills assessment checklist. Resources for each lesson include:
- Lesson objectives
- Suggested time allotment for each activity
- Tiered vocabulary focus
- Audio script for listening activities
- Step-by-step teaching support
- Differentiated instruction strategies
- Audio download link
Picture Dictionary, 1 copy
Colorful photographs with words reinforce what students are learning. Over 750 words are presented in thematic units from early learning experiences, so each new word is shown in a meaningful context. Book details.
Support Cards, 1 of each set
Visual resources introduce skills or remind students throughout the lessons.