Your newcomers face the difficult challenge of communicating with those around them. Ready, Set, Go! Newcomers Kit features a sequential workbook series to help secondary students build essential language skills, giving them confidence as readers and communicators.
- Mature, age-appropriate visual support
- Content to develop life-skills vocabulary for success in and out of the classroom
- Audio recordings to develop listening skills
- Designed for ELLs at English language proficiency levels 1 and 2 (entering and beginning)
- Ideal for Students with Interrupted/Inconsistent Formal Education (SIFE)
- Comprehensive teacher support to guide instruction at every step
The Kit Includes:
Student Books, 5 copies of 3 books
The series progresses from phonics, to social communication, to academic language. Books 1 and 2 focus on listening, speaking, and writing activities. Book 3 includes more robust activities in reading, listening, speaking, and writing. Students will practice grammar skills in all books.
Annotated Teacher’s Editions and Audio, 1 for each book
Teacher’s editions feature suggestions for use, support for social emotional development, ways to foster cultural awareness, and a skills assessment checklist. Resources for each lesson include:
- Lesson objectives
- Suggested time allotment for each activity
- Tiered vocabulary focus
- Audio script for listening activities
- Step-by-step teaching support
- Differentiated instruction strategies
- Audio download link
Picture Dictionary, 1 copy
Colorful photographs with words reinforce what students are learning. Over 750 words are presented in thematic units from early learning experiences, so each new word is shown in a meaningful context. Book details.
Support Cards, 1 of each set
Visual resources introduce skills or remind students throughout the lessons.
- Vocabulary Picture Cards Set – NEW English-Spanish set available! Sold separately.
- Newcomers Cards Set – NEW English-Spanish set available! Sold separately.
Set includes number cards, alphabet cards, and conversation cards
PRIME, the PRIME logo and seal, and WIDA are trademarks of the Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System.