Finish Line New York ELA, Third Edition features step-by-step instruction and practice to help students take on the challenging nature of New York’s Common Core Learning Standards (CCLS). This series supports NYC’s 2017–2018 Quality Review Rubric with Depth of Knowledge (DOK) measures for meeting the standards. Finish Line is designed to supplement your ReadyGEN™ and Common Core Code X™ programs.
Print and eBook formats are available. eBooks provide online delivery of the printed books. You can create tests with interactive questions and optional hints, assign and grade homework, and connect with students through a classroom blog. Learn more.
Each book includes 300+ pages.
- The gradual release model features 4 parts: Skill Introduction, Focused Instruction, Guided Practice, and Independent Practice.
- Guided questions model the thought process.
- Language Arts/Writing is integrated into each book. A full unit of writing and language standards helps students practice the writing process, learn how to answer open-ended questions, and apply grammar and usage conventions.
- Reviews include assessment-type items in the Independent Practice sections and unit reviews.
- Lessons emphasize close reading of rigorous text. Much like your standards and assessments, students are required to find evidence from the text to support their answers.
- A glossary in each book includes key vocabulary terms that appear in boldface throughout the book.
Annotated teacher’s editions include suggestions for use/teaching strategies; answer key with answer analysis, and CCLS and Depth of Knowledge (DOK) correlations; speaking, writing, and media/research activities; Tier 2 and Tier 3 vocabulary; and ELL support.
Student Book: grades 1–2: 300 pages; grades 3–8: 304–350 pages
Annotated Teacher’s Edition: approx. 200 pages
ReadyGEN™ is a trademark of Pearson Education Inc. Common Core Code X™ is trademark of Scholastic Inc.