For many English learners, the complex and formal nature of academic language can stand in the way of classroom success. Texas TEAM Toolkits: Teaching ELLs for Academic Language Mastery feature grade-level activities in reading, speaking, listening, and writing to help ELs develop their skills and get ahead.
Print and eBook formats are available. eBooks provide online delivery of the printed books.
Kit for levels AA–B (grades K–2)
Kit for levels C–E (grades 3–5)
Kit for levels F–H (grades 6–8)
Kit for high school (grades 9–12)
Each kit includes:
Student Books, 5 per level/grade
Themed units include topics aligned to grade-level content. Lessons feature 5 parts: (1) Before We Read, (2) Let’s Read, (3) Listen and Discuss, (4) Learning About Language, and (5) Write About It.
Annotated Teacher’s Editions, 1 per level/grade
- Lesson objectives
- Page-by-page directions and teaching strategies
- Connections to the TEKS standards
- Academic language identified by tier
- Language differentiation strategies
- Audio script for listening passage
- Suggested pacing guidelines that can be adapted for your classroom use
Audio CDs, 1 per level/grade
Each CD includes audio scripts for the listening passages. Students will develop and practice language, as well as speaking and listening skills. Audio is also available as a download. Call us for details.
Picture Dictionary, 1 copy (Included in kits for levels AA-H.)
Colorful photographs with words reinforce what students are learning. Over 750 words are presented in thematic units from early learning experiences, so each new word is shown in a meaningful context.
Texas TEAM Toolkits are designed for flexibility of use to support instruction in the mainstream classroom and specialized ESL programs. Ideal for:
- push-in or pull-out models of instruction
- academic classes during small groups and mainstream settings
- tutoring sessions
- mini-units based on specific skills that address gaps in learning
Student Book: 184 pages
Annotated Teacher’s Edition: 248 pages
Picture Dictionary: 96 pages