With PSSA Science Performance Indicator, you can get a snapshot of every student’s strengths and needs of the PA Science Assessment Anchors and Eligible Content. These practice tests also help students overcome test-taking anxiety by giving them exposure to the question types and difficulty of the PSSA Science.
- set up into two sessions per book
- grade 8 includes science scenarios
- includes the same item formats found on the PSSA: multiple-choice and short open-ended (SOE)
Two forms/tests are available for each grade:
- Form A
Administer this form to determine areas of weakness and to target your instruction. With the results at hand, use the Connecting Assessment to Instruction chart in the teacher’s guide to assign the right PSSA Finish Line Science lesson to each student.
- Form B
Give this form after the PSSA Finish Line Science instruction to measure progress.
Comprehensive teacher’s guides include:
- Directions for administering the sessions
- Answer key
- Reproducible answer sheet
- Scoring rubric
- PA Science Assessment Anchors and Eligible Content
- Academic Standards
- Connecting Assessment to Instruction Answer Guide
Guides are available as FREE downloads:
Teacher’s guides, Grade 4, Forms A and B
Teacher’s guides, Grade 8, Forms A and B
Student Booklet: 40 pages