New York TEAM Toolkits: Teaching ELLs for Academic Language Mastery feature structured activities in listening, reading, writing, and speaking to help students develop grade-level academic language needed for classroom success.
Kit for levels AA–B (grades K–2)
Kit for levels C–E (grades 3–5)
Kit for levels F–H (grades 6–8)
Kit for high school (grades 9–12) NEW!
Each kit includes:
Student Books, 5 per level/grade
Themed units include topics aligned to grade-level content. Lessons feature 5 parts: (1) Before We Read, (2) Let’s Read, (3) Listen and Discuss, (4) Learning About Language, and (5) Write About It.
Annotated Teacher’s Editions, 1 per level/grade
Teacher’s editions include a detailed New York TEAM program overview. Support for each lesson:
- Lesson objectives
- Page-by-page directions and teaching strategies
- Connections to New York ELA standards and Targets of Measurement (ToMs)
- Academic language identified by tier
- Language differentiation strategies
- Audio script for listening passages
- Suggested pacing guidelines that can be adapted for your classroom use
Audio CDs, 1 per level/grade
Each CD includes audio scripts for the listening passages. Students will develop and practice language, as well as speaking and listening skills. Audio is also available as a download. Call us for details.
Picture Dictionary, 1 copy (Included in kits for levels AA-H.)
Colorful photographs with words reinforce what students are learning. Over 750 words are presented in thematic units from early learning experiences, so each new word is shown in a meaningful context. Book details.
New York TEAM Toolkits are designed for flexibility of use and can be a go-to resource to support the mainstream classroom and specialized ESL programs. Ideal for:
- push-in or pull-out models of instruction
- academic classes during small groups and mainstream settings
- tutoring sessions
- mini-units based on specific skills that address gaps in learning
Student Book: 184 pages
Annotated Teacher’s Edition: 248 pages
Picture Dictionary: 96 pages