Who invented Famous Amos cookies? Who made Barbie a household name? The Beginning Biography Series features engaging topics that are relevant to today’s students. You’re sure to keep their attention as they practice reading informational text.
- 12 books are based on curriculum themes:
Inventors/Entrepreneurs: 4 books
Leaders/Explorers: 4 books
Artists/Authors: 4 books
- To align with today’s standards and the Common Core, the books contain text features such as tables of contents, headings, captions, labels, and glossaries. View the Common Core correlation.
- Teacher support cards enrich lessons with phonics and word recognition activities, discussion questions, and extension activities
- An award-winning series! Read the Learning® Magazine Teachers’ Choice Award for the Classroom evaluation.
- This series is approved by Reading Recovery®.
Use the books for research activities.
• Students can learn unique facts and use the new information to start up educational group discussions.
• Use when studying and writing biographies. Consider having students chose a person, read the text, research the person more in depth, and then write their own biography on their person.
Also use for:
• individual reading time
• intervention block with students who need more individualized instruction in reading
• units of study, such as favorite authors and illustrators, space, and presidents and government
Book: 12 pages, 5 1/2″ x 7 1/2″
Guided Reading Level: M
Intervention/Reading Recovery Level: 20
Seedling Level: Fluent
Literary Genre: Nonfiction
Title Notes: This title has been officially leveled by Reading Recovery®.