These delightful books extend the reading experience far beyond the pages! Students will read about a song, game, or craft that lends itself to quick, easy, and fun classroom activities. Readers will also need to follow written directions in these books.
RR 6-10, GR D-F
Sing the traditional song on page one and then read the story that follows!
- Build fluency and phonemic awareness
- Revisit classic songs
RR 3-13, GR C-H
Learn how to play these traditional games and then play them together!
- Revisit familiar games from our heritage
- From simple games to counting-out games
- Learn how to read and follow directions by playing a game
RR 8-15, GR E-I
Learn how to make fun and useful crafts out of ordinary items!
- Have a completed craft at the end of each book
- Includes yard games, instruments, native crafts, and more
- Learn key skills of following directions
This series motivates young readers through engaging topics and provides practice in reading, following written directions, and sequencing events.
Book: 8-16 pages, 5 1/2″ x 6 1/2″
Guided Reading Level: C-I
Intervention/Reading Recovery Level: 3-15
Seedling Level: Early Emergent – Fluent
Literary Genre: Fiction