Step by Step Language Skills is designed for use with students who may need a slower pace of instruction or additional practice with language skills. Students gradually move from language activities that are speech-centered and important for reading to the essentials of writing.
- Books are generally written at least one level below the grade designation.
- Each unit focuses on a specific feature of language use
- The essentials of grammar, usage, mechanics, and writing are covered in each book.
- A review page at the end of each unit can be used for informal assessment. A Check Up Test after Units 5 and 10 will help you monitor students’ progress.
- Teacher’s guides include answer keys and provide teaching strategies and extension activities for more practice and topic reinforcement.
Student Book: 96-112 pages
Teacher’s Guide: 32-48 pages