New York State Science helps students master challenging science standards and prepare for the New York State Science Test.
- A detailed section of instruction to reinforce your curriculum
- Guided sample questions with explanations of right and wrong answer choices to extend understanding of a concept or skill
- Hands-on lessons with activities that emulate the performance tasks on the NYS Science Test, in addition to paper-and-pencil questions
- Practice for higher-order thinking skills
- Abundant graphics including photographs, diagrams, graphs, tables, often with explanatory captions
- Clutter-free, easy-to-navigate lesson format that breaks material down into manageable chunks
- Familiar, real-life examples to help students grasp concepts
- Exposure to question formats found on the actual test: multiple-choice and open-ended questions of various forms
- Sidebars with vocabulary definitions that are easy to find (no searching), relevant examples, and additional useful information pertaining to a topic
- Lessons that reinforce the New York Science Learning Standards. The grade 4 book covers grades K-4 skills and the grade 8 book covers grades 5-8 skills.
- End-of-unit reviews
Student Answer Booklets
Student answer booklets give you the option to reuse your workbooks year after year and are FREE with your order!
Guides provide correlations to the standards and major understandings, answers, and specifications and instructions for the performance tasks.
Student Book: Grade 4 is 216 pages; Grade 8 is 360 pages