Unfamiliar item types can trip up test takers, even for the best students. Get Set for Math provides focused practice for the types of questions students will encounter on end-of-year assessments. See our brochure for more details.
Practice for Assessment Items
Question types throughout the books, with a focus in the Independent Practice section, include those on state assessments.
- Perform computations
- Plot points on a coordinate plane
- Complete a table
- Measure or draw a figure
- Answer multiple-choice and open-ended questions with more than one right answer or multiple, building parts
- Part #1, Focus Lesson: Review of the skills and concepts followed by a sample item with leading questions for strategy building
- Part #2, Guided Practice: Multistep questions with hints and reminders
- Part #3, Independent Practice: Skill application using item types on Common Core tests
Annotated Teacher’s Editions
Annotated teacher’s editions are a helping hand for writing lesson plans. Valuable tips and resources include suggestions for use and teaching strategies, answer rationales, CCSS and Depth of Knowledge (DOK) correlations, vocabulary, hands-on extension activities, reproducible bonus lessons and answer key, and reproducible cut-out tools.
Student Book: 136-168 pages
Annotated Teacher’s Edition: 92-112 pages